Apparently, she had removed her clothes to aid her descent. While curious, neighbors and other onlookers were impressed and perplexed by the man's attempted mode of entry. Employees told officers that when they arrived at the business, they could hear a man yelling. When she found it locked she climbed to the roof and tried to get in through the chimney -- which is when she got wedged inside the 12-by-12-inch structure. The man was taken to Grady Hospital alert and conscious for treatment. Yup, you guessed it — smoked dead Santa! Oh, and did we mention she was naked when she was finally freed? According to the fire department, he was later taken to a hospital as a precaution.
Here is the rescue Video for you:. According to San Diego police, the man lives with his parents who had earlier ordered him to leave the premises for an unknown reason. Jesse Berube, 32, was uninjured but now faces one count of burglary. He's facing charges of attempted simple burglary and aggravated assault. Another idea also from popular culture might be to jimmy open the lock with a credit card. Crews had to knock the bricks out of the chimney wall and use a camera to get him out. And don't try to break glass windows either—that could get messy fast, warns home security expert.
Can you pry open a window? Firefighters were called, and helped free the woman after a two-hour operation that required breaking open the fireplace. Here's hoping that our unfortunate chimney-climber learned his lesson and gave his neighbor a set of spare keys. . Keep them inaccessible to thieves by placing them in a combination lock case. Many of us have experienced the panic of getting locked out of our home. Prank gone wrong: Pranks are better laughed at when they fail. After being evaluated by paramedics, the homeowner luckily showed no signs of physical injury, although he may have suffered from bruised pride.
Cortez Stafford told Channel 2 Action News said it started when police noticed the man on the roof of the businesses. On Christmas Eve he climbs on the roof and begins to slide down the chimney. According to police, Berube slid down the chimney of the business Wednesday and then found himself lodged inside. So, back to the beginning. Producing reliable fact-checking and thorough investigative reporting requires significant resources. Maybe the back door is open? Unfortunately, he gets stuck in the chimney and dies from asphyxiation.
Officers were soon able to locate the suspect. Trapped in his chimney for nearly four hours, the man was finally rescued after a neighbor heard him yelling and called the Tucson Fire Department. Lowering ropes into the narrow shaft, San Diego Fire Rescue personnel managed to lift the man out, first by his hands and arms and then eventually maneuvered his entire body - covered in filthy soot out of the opening. But some times these failures could prove fatal. He's currently being treated by medics. Police identify him as 41-year-old Matthew Mobley of Alexandria. They found he was stuck.
Officials have not yet released the man's status. A young family cannot be together for Christmas because the father has to be out of town, leaving mom and children alone for the holiday. Police in the Sacramento-area city of Citrus Heights said Friday that 32-year-old Jesse Berube was uninjured but now faces one count of burglary. Your best plan, actually, is to be prepared, Siciliano says. Strapped to a back board, the man, whom authorities did not identify, was then lowered to the ground then placed into ambulance.
The moment you dig through your pockets and realize your keys are nowhere to be found, you briefly think about how pricey locksmiths are, and your mind turns to alternatives. You're locked out of your home, and you're too cheap to call a locksmith. He is able to return to the house because his trip is cancelled, he cancels the trip himself, or the trip was nothing but a ruse. Police say this is the 77th time Mobley has been booked into the Rapides Parish Detention Center. New York: Paradox Press, 1994. Because let's face it: The day will come when you find yourself locked out of your home, so it's best to be prepared. He then reportedly threw a brick at an employee before running from the store.
Last updated: 30 July 2007 Sources: Brunvand, Jan Harold. Squad 4 Heavy Rescue on scene. He was rushed to the hospital to be checked out. Make a direct contribution today. Atlanta Fire Rescue said the man was stuck 10 to 15 feet inside the structure off 1140 Crescent Ave, where several popular restaurants including Tin Lizzy and South City Kitchen are located. People have died after getting stuck in chimneys—from asphyxiation either from the smoke, or not having enough room to breathe, or just from hunger if they weren't discovered soon enough.
The Sacramento Fire Department responded and used special equipment to extricate him. Officials said the adult man, who has not been identified, was 10 to 15 feet down the chimney. Later that night when the family lights the yule log they smell a strange singed odor. The Rocklin man was able to reach his cellphone and dial 911 for help. In such similar incident a 23 old man from Phoenix became victim of poor judgement call.